A new event for us … the Fire Hydrant 5 on Saturday, May 9th in Fort Collins at Edora Park as sponsored by the Larimer Humane Society. This is a 5k Run, a 3k Walk/Fun Run and a Pet Fair in the park. Information on the event …
When Does the Fun Begin?
The Fire Hydrant 5 is Saturday May 9, 2009 at Edora Park in Fort Colllins. Registration begins at 7:30 a.m. 5K Race begins at 8:30 a.m. 3K Walk and Fun Run begins at 8:40 a.m. Pet Fair is 8:30 a.m. to 12:00 p.m. The Fire Hydrant 5 is a Bolder Boulder qualifier. This event will be held rain or shine!
Pet Fair Events
- Fido Photos – A Fire Hydrant 5 tradition, pose for a photo with your furry pal!
- Paw Painting – Take home some “custom artwork”, your pup’s paw print!
- Breed-Specific Rescue Groups to talk with you about their special dogs!
- Special canine demonstrations including Eric Melvin & Angelyne, the amazing deaf Cattle Dog
- Return appearance by “Sparky” the Loveland Fire & Rescue Dalmatian
- Tour the Code 3 Associates Mobile Command Center for emergency animal rescue
Can Fido Attend?
Yes! Dogs are welcome at the event! Dogs participating in the 5K or the 3K must be registered and pay the $5 fee (one fee per family or individual handling the dog or dogs).
The following guidelines also apply for our canine friends:
- They must be leashed at all times
- They must be current on all required vaccinations and licensing
- Please use a 6-foot or shorter, non-retractable leash
- Poop bags will be available, please make sure to pick up after your dog
- Please, no aggressive dogs. If Fido is in a bad mood, he will be asked to leave
Mark your calendars (pun intended) … come on out and have a “pawsitively” fun day with your favorite pooch! Good excuse to spend some quality time with your dog, have a meet/greet with other like-minded members of the community and support the Larimer Humane Society. If you’d like to visit our booth, just look for the white canopy with the “lung ta” (wind horse) fluttering … Tibetan prayer flags! Hope to see you — and your Apso — in Fort Collins on May 9th.
Need more information? Contact ApsoRescue@aol.com.