If your house is anything like mine at the holidays, part of the tradition is having chocolate around … cookies, cakes, candy … chocolate! Unfortunately, it isn’t a good idea to share that sweet treat with our canine friends, intentional or not. My first Apso was known to, on the sly, open any package she could get to that contained chocolate.
National Geographic has put together a great interactive presentation to calculate your dog’s weight and how little chocolate it takes to make him or her very ill. The slide in the presentation allows one to calculate the risk by the dog’s weight. While I knew chocolate was dangerous, I was surprised at how little it takes to be toxic for a 15-pound dog!